From passion to profession
Art is a special field of advice of our firm. It developed out of the founder’s passion for art and is today a special focus of our company.
Many art collectors, well-known artists and galleries place their trust in us, as do numerous museums (e.g. Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen in Düsseldorf), support associations of museums and foundations (e.g. the foundation “Museum Kunstpalast” in Düsseldorf), auction houses and art insurers.
Tax and legal issues overlap to a particular extent here, as art offers attractive opportunities for tax-optimised succession planning. It can open unprecedented perspectives for entrepreneurs interested in art. Together with AXA Art Versicherung AG, we publish the brochure “Schwerpunktthemen für den Kunstsammler” (“Focus Topics for the Art Collector”). You are also welcome to request your copy by phone.
Our consulting spectrum in the field of art:
- Tax optimisation of art acquisition
- Avoidance of inheritance and donation tax for art
- Drafting contracts for the purchase and sale, rental and loan of works of art
- Drafting contracts in the museum sector, e.g. loan contracts, curator contracts, author contracts, contracts with photographers, inter-museum cooperation agreements
- Copyright issues, questions of resale rights
- Protection of cultural property
- Art forgery, extrajudicial and judicial representation of museums, art dealers, galleries, buyers and experts
- Questions on the insurance of works of art