Reliable partner for municipalities and public-sector institutions
Taxation of the public sector is a special discipline within tax law. We contribute the necessary expertise. We advise local authorities and the enterprises they operate, public-law institutions and foundations as well as municipal private law companies, especially in the following areas:
- Qualification and size of establishments operating as legal persons governed by public law
- Organisational advice, including identification of permanently loss-making activities and establishment of tax links, systematically combined with obtaining of binding information
- Value added tax effects of economic activities, especially against the background of § 2b of the German Value-Added Tax Act (UStG)
- Handling issues related to the taxation of subsidies
- Preparation of expert opinions on questions of taxation of public law entities, support during tax audits, obtaining binding information
Of course, we also support our clients in ongoing matters such as tax returns, annual financial statements and accounting work.